These Terms and conditions apply to this website and to the transactions related to our products and services. You may be bound by additional contracts related to your relationship with us or any products or services that you receive from us. If any provisions of the additional contracts conflict with any provisions of these Terms, the provisions of these additional contracts will control and prevail.
By registering with, accessing, or otherwise using this website, you hereby agree to be bound by these Terms and conditions set forth below. The mere use of this website implies the knowledge and acceptance of these Terms and conditions. In some particular cases, we can also ask you to explicitly agree.
By using this website or communicating with us by electronic means, you agree and acknowledge that we may communicate with you electronically on our website or by sending an email to you, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
We or our licensors own and control all of the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the website and the data, information, and other resources displayed by or accessible within the website.
All the rights are reserved. Unless specific content dictates otherwise, you are not granted a license or any other right under Copyright, Trademark, Patent, or other Intellectual Property Rights. This means that you will not use, copy, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, embed into any electronic medium, alter, reverse engineer, decompile, transfer, download, transmit, monetize, sell, market, or commercialise any resources on this website in any form, without our prior written permission, except and only insofar as otherwise stipulated in regulations of mandatory law (such as the right to quote).
NFT & SHOPIFY MAILING LIST
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may forward our Pigcasso NFT or Pigcasso Shopify email communication in the electronic form to others who may be interested in visiting our website.
Our website may include hyperlinks or other references to other party’s websites. We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Products or services offered by other websites shall be subject to the applicable Terms and Conditions of those third parties. Opinions expressed or material appearing on those websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us.We will not be responsible for any privacy practices or content of these sites. You bear all risks associated with the use of these websites and any related third-party services. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, however caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
By visiting our website, you agree to use it only for the purposes intended and as permitted by these Terms, any additional contracts with us, and applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted online practices and industry guidelines. You must not use our website or services to use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) malicious computer software; use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity, or conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to our website.Engaging in any activity that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or that interferes with the performance, availability, or accessibility of the website is strictly prohibited.
TERMINATION OF USE
We may, in our sole discretion, at any time modify or discontinue access to, temporarily or permanently, the website or any Service thereon. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of your access to, or use of, the website or any content that you may have shared on the website. You will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment, even if certain features, settings, and/or any Content you have contributed or have come to rely on, are permanently lost. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
WARRANTIES & LIABILITY
Nothing in this section will limit or exclude any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to limit or to exclude. This website and all content on the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the availability, accuracy, or completeness of the Content. We make no warranty that:
• this website or our products or services will meet your requirements;
• this website will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis
• the quality of any product or service purchased or obtained by you through this website will meet your expectations.
Nothing on this website constitutes or is meant to constitute, legal, financial or medical advice of any kind. If you require advice you should consult an appropriate professional.The following provisions of this section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and will not limit or exclude our liability in respect of any matter which it would be unlawful or illegal for us to limit or to exclude our liability. In no event will we be liable for any direct or indirect damages (including any damages for loss of profits or revenue, loss or corruption of data, software or database, or loss of or harm to property or data) incurred by you or any third party, arising from your access to, or use of, our website.Except to the extent any additional contract expressly states otherwise, our maximum liability to you for all damages arising out of or related to the website or any products and services marketed or sold through the website, regardless of the form of legal action that imposes liability (whether in contract, equity, negligence, intended conduct, tort or otherwise) will be limited to the total price that you paid to us to purchase such products or services or use the website. Such limit will apply in the aggregate to all of your claims, actions and causes of action of every kind and nature.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may forward any of our Pigcasso email communication in the electronic form to others who may be interested in visiting our website.
Access to the website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products or Services sold on the website is illegal is prohibited. You may not use this website in violation of export laws and regulations of South Africa.
You may not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and conditions, in whole or in part, to any third party without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment in violation of this Section will be null and void.
BREACHES OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including temporarily or permanently suspending your access to the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website, and/or commence legal action against you.
Except for obligations to pay money hereunder, no delay, failure or omission by either party to carry out or observe any of its obligations hereunder will be deemed to be a breach of these Terms and conditions if and for as long as such delay, failure or omission arises from any cause beyond the reasonable control of that party.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, relating to your violation of these Terms and conditions, and applicable laws, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights. You will promptly reimburse us for our damages, losses, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of such claims.
Failure to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted and construed exclusively in English. All notices and correspondence will be written exclusively in that language.
UPDATING OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this website following the changes or updates will be considered notice of your acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. To request a prior version of these Terms and conditions, please contact us.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. Any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa. If any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or other authority to be invalid and/or unenforceable under applicable law, such part or provision will be modified, deleted and/or enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions. The other provisions will not be affected.
This website is owned and operated by Farm Sanctuary SA. You may contact us regarding these Terms and Conditions through our contact page.
1. “Act”means the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
2. “Store”means any online store of ours;
3. “Consent”means any voluntary, specific and informed expression of will in terms of which permission is given by or on behalf of You for the processing of your Personal Information;
4. “Direct Marketing” means to approach a data subject, either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of promoting or offering to supply any goods or services to the data subject;
5. “InformationOfficer” means the chief executive officer of Farm Sanctuary SA;
6. “Operator” means an outside third party who Processes Personal Information for or on behalf of Farm Sanctuary SA in terms of a contract or mandate;
7. “Personal Information” means any information linked to You or information that can identify You, including but not limited to –
1. information relating to Your gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, age, language;
2. information relating to Your education or your financial, criminal or employment history;
3. Your identity number, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information or online identifier;
4. Your personal opinions, views or preferences;
5. correspondence sent by You which is of a private or confidential nature;
6. the views or opinions of others about You; and
7. Your name if it appears with other personal information relating to You, or if the disclosure of Your name on its own would reveal further personal information about You;
8. “PAIA”means the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000;
9. “Process”means, in relation to Personal Information, any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, including –
1. the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use of that information;
2. dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
3. merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of that information,
4. and “Processing” shall have a corresponding meaning; 10. “Pigcasso”, "Farm Sanctuary SA", “we” “us” or “our” means Farm Sanctuary SA, a registered PBO number 930050953 - IT000996/2015, in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 59 Dirkie Uys str, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa;
11. “Website”means the website or any part thereof which is accessible from the URL https://www.pigcasso.org; and 12. “You”means a visitor or user of the Website or Shopify Store, or any of the content or services associated with the Website or Shopify Store.
2. Our contact details are as follows –
1. Physical address: 59 Dirkie Uys str, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
2. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Website address: www.pigcaso.org
3. We may instruct third parties from time to time to undertake certain Processing activities relating to Your Personal Information and such third parties shall be Operators.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect the following Personal Information from You
Initials, first name, surname;Physical and postal address;Email address;Telephone and cellphone numbers; nationality, language preference, views or preferences; correspondence sent by You which is of a private or confidential nature; and the views or opinions of others about You. The supply of Personal Information by You to Farm Sanctuary SA is voluntary and not mandatory. However, if You refuse to supply any Personal Information, certain consequences may naturally flow from such a refusal.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA shall only collect Your Personal Information for a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose relating to a function or activity of Our business.
2. Such purposes may include the following –
1. to enter into a contract with You;
2. to perform any obligations under a contract with You;
3. to comply with a legal obligation;
4. to protect a legitimate interest of Yours (unless You have specifically objected in writing to all or some of the Processing activities on reasonable grounds);
5. to pursue its own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party who it is sharing the information with (unless You have specifically objected in writing to all or some of the processing activities on reasonable grounds);
6. to Process Personal Information for credit reporting purposes (if applicable);
7. to Process Personal Information for Direct Marketing purposes (unless You have opted out of receiving any Direct Marketing material);
8. to present content to You in the most effective way for Your and Your viewing device and browser;
9. to customise and display content including, but not limited to products, articles, listings and advertisement to You in a way that We feel may interest You or be most beneficial to You;
10. to send content including, but not limited to products, articles, listings and advertisement content to You via email or other electronic media, where You have consented to be contacted by Pigcasso and/ orFarm Sanctuary SA with such content;
11. to enable You to voluntarily participate in interactive features on the Website;
12. to notify You about changes to the Website;
13. to contact You regarding your orders and/or deliveries;
14. to contact you to request that we may re-share or re-post relevant social media photos or content, such as where you have tagged us in such posts or content
3. If Farm Sanctuary SA intends to Process Your Personal Information for any other purpose not listed or which is otherwise not automatically permitted by law, we shall ensure that we obtain Your written Consent to do so.
4. Farm Sanctuary SA will not sell Your Personal Information to any third party without Your prior written Consent.
COLLECTION DIRECTLY FROM YOU
1. 1. Farm Sanctuary SA shall, as far as possible, always collect Personal Information about You directly from You, except in the following circumstances –
1. where Personal Information is collected from a public record, or from another source if the information has already been made public by You;
2. where You have given Your written Consent to Farm Sanctuary SA to collect your information from another source;
3. where the collection of Your Personal Information from another source will not prejudice any of Your legitimate interests;
4. where the collection of Personal Information from another source is necessary to maintain Our legitimate interests or those of any third party we intend sharing the information with;
5. where the collection of Personal Information directly from You would prejudice the purpose for the collection; or
6. where the collection of Personal Information directly from You is not reasonably practicable in the circumstances.
2. If Farm Sanctuary SA collects Personal Information from a source other than You, we shall record in writing the details of that source, including the full names and contact details of that source where applicable.
3. Personal Information may be collected from or supplied by You in any of the following ways –
1. during the process of submitting your email address by subscribing on our website;
2. when subscribing to a service or participating in a survey offered on this Website;
3. when posting a comment, review, reply or recommendation on social media, the internet or the Shopify Store;
4. when requesting further services or information from Pigcasso or Farm Sanctuary SA ;
5. when contacting Us to report a problem with the Website or for any other reason;
6. when completing any forms on the Website or Shopify Store.
4. You may visit the Website without providing any Personal Information. However, the Website’s servers may still collect technical information regarding the use of the Website, which is aggregated for analytical purposes, technical maintenance and for improving the content offered on the Website. Such information may include details of Your visit, information about Your computer, including IP (InternetProtocol) address, operating system and browser type, Your location, and usage information. You will not be identified from or by this information and Farm Sanctuary SA is entitled to copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
1. “Cookies” are small text files transferred by a webserver to your hard drive and thereafter stored on Your computer. The types of information a Cookie may collect includes Your name, the date and time of Your visits to a Website and/or online Store , Your browsing history and preferences
1. distinguish You from another user on the Website or Shopify Store;
2. remember Your last session when You return to the Shopify Store;
3. estimate the Website or Shopify Store's audience size and usage patterns;
4. store information about Your preferences, which allows Us to customize the Website or Shopify Store and content according to Your individual preferences; and
5. speed up searches on the Website or Shopify Store.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA shall comply with all laws, contracts or regulations when we Process Your Personal Information.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA shall not act unreasonably when Processing Your Personal Information. This means that we will collect and Process Your Personal Information in a way that You can reasonably expect and in a way that is fair.
3. Farm Sanctuary SA shall respect Your right to privacy at all times. If there is another way in which we can achieve the same goal without posing any risk of harm to Your privacy rights, then we will choose that option.
4. Similarly, if Farm Sanctuary SA needs to Process Personal Information but there are less privacy-invasive methods of collecting, using and sharing that information, then Farm Sanctuary SA will use those methods.
5. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that the Personal Information that is collected and Processed is and remains relevant to the identified purpose/s for such processing, and that such information is and remains adequate, but not excessive, for achieving the identified purpose/s.
6. If there are any alternative ways to achieve the identified purpose/s without ProcessingPersonal Information, Farm Sanctuary SA shall not Process that Personal Information.
7. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that the Processing activities we choose to apply are proportionate to achieving the identified purpose/s and that no less privacy invasive measures are available to achieve the same purpose/s.
8. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that, regardless of the stated purpose/s for Processing Personal Information, Your rights and interests will not be unnecessarily prejudiced or infringed, unless it cannot be avoided, and then in such cases, we shall ensure that our own rights and/or interests justify such prejudice or infringement taking place.
9. Once Farm Sanctuary SA has achieved the purpose for the collection of Your Personal Information, we will destroy or delete such information, unless You have directed otherwise in writing, or We are required by law to retain the information for a longer period of time.
10. If Farm Sanctuary SA no longer needs to Process Personal Information to achieve the purpose originally specified, we will stop using that information.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA may, in the course of providing any content or services on this Website or the Shopify Store, or for the purposes of concluding or performing any sale or other transaction with You, share certain Personal Information with third party Operators who perform certain Processing activities on behalf of Farm Sanctuary SA.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA may also share aggregated information about Your use of this Website or Blog and Your usage patterns. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers target specific audiences. Such aggregated information will be de-identified and Your Personal Information will not be disclosed.
3. Other than as stated Farm Sanctuary SA shall not share Your Personal Information with any third parties unless We have Your express Consent to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. You shall have the following rights in relation to the Processing of Your Personal Information–
1. to access and correct any Personal Information held by Farm Sanctuary SA about You;
2. to object to the Processing of their information; and
3. to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
1. Farm Sanctuary SA shall not Process Your Personal Information for any purpose not previously specified except in the following circumstances –
1. where You have Consented to such further Processing;
2. where the further Processing is necessary for the exercise of any contractual rights or the fulfilment of any obligations between Farm Sanctuary SA and You;
3. where the further Processing activities are linked to or compatible with the original purpose;
4. where the further Processing is necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of an offence;
5. where the further Processing is necessary to enforce any law;
6. where the further Processing is necessary for the conduct of legal proceedings in any court or tribunal that have commenced or are reasonably contemplated;
7. where the further Processing is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent
threat to Your life or health of or another individual;
8. where the further Processing is necessary for historical, statistical or research purposes.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that if we intend Processing Personal Information for other purposes not previously specified, we shall notify You of such further purposes and the possible consequences of the intended further Processing for You.
ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS AND COMPLETENESS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA shall take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the Personal Information kept by Us about You is complete, accurate, not misleading and is updated when necessary.
2. However, if You are aware of any Personal Information in Farm Sanctuary SA’s custody that is incorrect, inaccurate or which needs to be updated, You must make a written request to Our Information Officer to update or correct the relevant information.
3. If You have contested the accuracy of any Personal Information being used by Farm Sanctuary SA, You shall immediately stop using that information until its accuracy has been verified.
4. Farm Sanctuary SA reserves Our right to only adhere to a request from You if the correction or updating of that information will result in the Personal Information being correct and accurate.
5. Where PersonalI nformation that has been shared by Us with a third party is subsequently updated or corrected, Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that all third parties, with whom that information was shared, receives the updated and/or corrected version of the information as soon as it has been updated and/or corrected.
1. Farm Sanctuary SA is committed to protecting the Personal Information in Our custody against any loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of that information, and to prevent any unauthorised parties from accessing that information.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA takes steps to continually identify and document any risks to the Personal Information We have in Our possession or under Our control and that appropriate security safeguards are in place against those risks.
3. We shall ensure that in any contracts entered into with third party Operators who Process Personal Information on Our behalf, include the following obligations –
1. the Operator shall not Process any Personal Information without Our knowledge and authority;
2. the Operator shall treat all Personal Information given to it as confidential and shall not disclose it to any unauthorised third parties;
3. the Operator shall establish and maintain adequate security measures which are the same or offer similar protection over the Personal Information as that employed by Us;
4. the Operator shall notify Farm Sanctuary SA immediately where there are reasonable grounds to believe that any Personal Information has been leaked to or accessed by any unauthorised person;
5. if the Operator is situated in another country, it must comply with the data protection laws in that country and be able to provide verification that it is so compliant;
6. if an Operator is legally obliged to disclose any Personal Information Processed by them on Our behalf to other parties, it must notify Farm Sanctuary SA beforehand to enable Farm Sanctuary SA and/or individual users to protect their rights if necessary.
4. You must maintain the secrecy of any passwords used to gain access to this Website or Shopify Store and should change such passwords regularly.
5. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that all Personal Information on Our systems are properly backed-up and that back-up copies are stored separately from the live files.
NOTIFICATION OF BREACH OF SECURITY
1. If Personal Information about You is inadvertently leaked or Farm Sanctuary SA's security has been unlawfully breached by any unauthorised party, Farm Sanctuary SA shall immediately identify the relevant user who may be affected by the security breach, and shall contact them at their last known email address or contact details or by the quickest means possible.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA shall provide sufficient information to You to allow You to take the necessary protective measures against the potential consequences of the compromise, or shall advise You of the steps to be taken by You and the possible consequences that may ensue from the breach for You.
DECISIONS BASED ON PERSONALINFORMATION PROCESSED
1. If Farm Sanctuary SA is required to make a decision about You using any Personal Information that has been obtained, Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that a record of such information and the decision made is kept for a reasonable period of time to give You an opportunity to request access to that record.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA shall allow You a reasonable opportunity to make representations before any decision is made solely on the basis of the Personal Information Processed, if that decision will affect Your legal position, or will otherwise adversely affect You in some manner or form.
3. Farm Sanctuary SA shall always ensure that the underlying logic behind any decision made pursuant to the automated Processing of Personal Information is sound and that this underlying logic can be communicated to You to enable You to make representations.
4. If Farm Sanctuary SA has made a decision based on incorrect Personal Information, Farm Sanctuary SA shall immediately revisit that decision as soon as Farm Sanctuary SA receives notice or becomes aware of the error or inaccuracy of that information.
LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
1. This Website or Shopify Store may contain links or references to other websites, including those of advertisers, sponsors, collaborators and press sources (“third party websites“) which are not under Farm Sanctuary SA's control.
1. Where You are a pre-existing customer of Farm Sanctuary SA, Farm Sanctuary SA shall be entitled, without Your consent, to sending electronic communications to You for the purpose of marketing similar products or services offered by Farm Sanctuary SA.
2. You may object, free of charge, and without unnecessary formality, to the use of Your details either when the information is first collected from You or when each subsequent electronic communication is sent to You by Us.
3. You can opt out of receiving further marketing communications by contacting Farm Sanctuary SA
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA does not intend sharing Your Personal Information with a third party in another country.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA may transfer Personal Information to another country in the following circumstances–
1. the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract that Farm Sanctuary SA has with You;
2. the transfer is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to Your request;
3. the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract with a third party which is for Your benefit of or in Your interest;
4. the transfer is otherwise for Your benefit; or
5. You have consented to the transfer of Your information.
3. If Farm Sanctuary SA is required to transfer Personal Information from South Africa to a third party in a foreign country, Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that the third party is subject to a law, binding code of conduct or contract which effectively upholds principles for the reasonable processing of personal information which are substantially similar to the data protection offered in the Republic of South Africa.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
1. Farm Sanctuary SA will keep a record of any Personal Information collected for no longer than is necessary to achieve the specific purpose for which it collected such information in the first place unless –
1. Farm Sanctuary SA is required by law to keep a record of such information for a longer period of time; or
2. Farm Sanctuary SA needs to keep a record of such information for another lawful purpose; or
3. Farm Sanctuary SA has a contractual obligation to keep a record of such information; or
4. You have consented to Your information being kept for a longer period.
2. Farm Sanctuary SA may, if Farm Sanctuary SA has de-identified Personal Information, keep such information for historical, statistical or research purposes. Farm Sanctuary SA shall ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent those records from being used for any other purposes, or against the information being re-identified.
RETURNING, DESTROYING OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Where Farm Sanctuary SA is no longer authorised to retain a record of any Personal Information, Farm Sanctuary SA shall either –
1. ensure that the information is permanently destroyed or deleted as soon as reasonably practicable; or
2. return the information to You or transfer it to a third party, if requested by You in writing to do so.
LODGING AN OBJECTION
1. You may, on reasonable grounds, object to the Processing of Your Personal Information at any time after that Processing has started.
2. If You wish to object to the Processing of Your Personal Information, You must send written notice of Your objection to Our Information Officer, together with Your reasons for doing so.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
WHAT ARE SCRIPTS?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
WHAT IS A WEB BEACON?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
5.1 Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
5.2 Statistics cookies
We use statistics cookies to optimise the website experience for our users. With these statistics cookies we get insights in the usage of our website. We ask your permission to place statistics cookies.
5.3 Marketing/ Tracking cookies
Marketing/Tracking cookies are cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create user profiles to display advertising or to track the user on this website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
5.4 Social media
On our website, we have included content to promote web pages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks. This content is embedded with code derived from third parties and places cookies. This content might store and process certain information for personalised advertising. Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymised as much as possible.
ENABLING, DISABLING & DELETING COOKIES
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you visit our websites again.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
• Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
• Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish. If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
• Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.To exercise these rights, please contact us. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
• You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator South Africa: P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017 Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Please click here to access the Farm Sanctuary SA Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) Manual.